A long time ago a friend(DarkCoder) and I embarked on attempting to turn a (random) game into a multiplayer Online one, the original intention was to find a single player only game and determine how we could make it into a multiplayer online game instead.
While searching for a game to do this with we ran into Turok 4: Evolution and thus began T4MP remnants of such can still be seen here
Development didn’t get very far though we had a lot of the basic bugs fixed, we had most of the player data structures reverse engineered and the data was syncing between the games.
There were still a ton of issues for starters we had no idea how the hell to program a Multiplayer game at the time so most of our data sending was based on loops which constantly updated the information on the clients about the players.
Now that you know the history of the project I’m glad to say I’ve decided to start working on it again and I’ve made minor progress reverse engineering the event/cause/links/scripts inside of the ati files of the game and have got the game going back into the local multiplayer split-screen mode again.
I’ve had to start over completely as I’ve lost my original code.
But here’s a video demonstrating progress so far,
And here’s one showing issues with the depth buffering that I’m currently attempting to fix,